Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today I ran a mile.

I thought it would feel great to say that. It kind of does, but I want to run three miles. I ran with kids half my age today.

Oh, and yeah. I haven't gotten around to writing about this, so I will.

First off, the Alexander McQueen Spring 2011 collection. To be honest, I started out not liking McQueen. I kind of thought he's too over-the-top and sort of sadistic that he would send the models down the runway in 12-inch armadillo heels. He does grow on you, though.

This collection is the first one not personally designed by McQueen for reasons you and I know. Still, I think if I saw this and nobody told me who designed it, I would say it's by Alexander McQueen.

I applaud Sarah Burton for managing to create a collection that's both very McQueen and toned down. She managed to somehow go in a new direction while keeping the McQueen spirit alive.











Long live McQueen.

Secondly, I...don't have anything more to add. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment