Friday, October 1, 2010

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

~Harvey Fierstein


My dad kind of banned me to wear the Dr. Martens boots because where I go to school, the crime rate's so high. It sucks.

Luckily, I decided to stalk Anja Rubik and (just) found the beauty that is Hermés Fall 2010. Yes, please. I have that weird habit of getting attached to collections of the past seasons.

And, in my honest opinion, the ensemble worn by Anja was the best I saw in the entire show.



The good thing about this collection, for me as an inspiration, is that it's extremely understated. It's entirely black. I'm bound to be less noticeable if I wore black than if I wore what I usually wear. I've also been on the lookout for black bowler hats and plain black umbrellas that look like canes. Oh, and trousers. And a blazer.

Oh, and it featured Karlie Kloss, too:


All the crocodile leather was awesome:


Who would have thought of crocodile leather trousers?


And crocodile leather jackets and vests?

Oh! And Jessica Stam:


The collection wasn't entirely in black, but the ones I like were mostly black.


I think I'll work on this:


Forget steampunk, I'm going for this. Now I need a tailor and a shoemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment